Unity Baptist Church is a kingdom-focused church.
Our one driving force is The Great Commission:
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. And surely I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Unity Baptist Church has three WMU groups whose emphases are on missions. In addition to the work of the individual groups, they also coordinate mission opportunities for the entire church body, such as:
– Collect food, clothing and toiletry items for distribution by the Greater Gaston Baptist Association.
– Support the baby shower for the GGBA sponsored by the Deaf WOM
– Children Hemmed in Prayer: An ongoing sewing project to provide dresses, shorts and pants for children in impoverished countries. Also make clothing items for the GGBA.
– Annual community picnic outreach
– Compile school supplies for children in the community
– Food, fun and fellowship for the neighborhood at a “Trunk or Treat” or Fall Festival
– Provide items for the NC WMU red Christmas boxes for women inmates
– Prepare shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Shoeboxes are distributed throughout the world by the Samaritan’s Purse organization.
– Collect toys for the GGBA Christmas store.
Unity Baptist Church supports both home and foreign missions throughout the year by contributing to the following offerings:
– North Carolina Offering for Older Adults
– Annie Armstrong Offering
– Mother’s Day Offering for NC Baptist Hospital
– Heck Jones Offering for WMU of NC
– NC Missions Offering
– World Hunger
– Baptist Children’s Home
– Lottie Moon Offering for Foreign Missions